Last night I finished the first go-through on the Tagalog/English New Testament! This project has taken too long, but it’s finally coming together. Migraines, sickness, trouble with files between me and the translator, and overwhelming busyness has made it a longer process than usual. Last night I finished Revelation and put all the files on a drive to mail to the Philippines. There seems to be a problem with the emailed files arriving corrupted. Satan has not liked this project, and has fought in so many ways.
I had never typeset a red-letter edition of the English Bible, so while working on this diglot (two languages, side-by-side), I’ve been adding red-letter to the English. I will be out of town for a week. When I return, I will begin the process of checking the red-letter with my Cambridge Bible to make sure I didn’t miss any doing it as I went. I will also go through it again to look for layout issues. As the proof-readers in the Philippines finish a book, they will send me any edits to be made. It’s a long process, but so worth it!
The Xhosa Bible is coming along too. There are several ladies typing it and the New Testament is nearing completion. John and Romans have been sent to Africa for proofing and editing. When those books are complete, they will send the text files back to me for typesetting, then they’ll go back to Africa for proofing again. They typing process is tedious because the original was very old and the type wasn’t clear in many places. I am so grateful for those who give of their time to get it typed for us.
I am so thankful for everyone who prays for these projects. After many struggles with the Tagalog, I asked my Sunday School Class and some friends to pray with me that the obstacles would be overcome so I could finish it. Within a couple of weeks, progress was being made and I finished the first stage of it just weeks later. Prayer partners make all the difference!